There are many symptoms that could be alerting you to the fact that malicious programs called malware* have infected your computer. The following are just a few.
- Is your computer running slower than it used to?
- Does the home page for your internet browser change without your permission?
- Does the program you use for internet searches change without your permission?
- Do you see you icons on your desktop that you didn’t put there?
- Do you get little windows popping up telling you that you need to run something to get rid of infections or speed up your computer?
- Do people tell you that you are sending them emails that you have not personally sent?
- Is your computer just acting strange?
Just like symptoms when you are sick, one symptom by itself that does not repeat might not mean anything. But if it is becoming annoying to use your computer because of these symptoms then it is highly likely you have a need to clean your computer of malware.
Even the best security programs can let malware onto your computer, especially as they don’t always protect your computer from you. So running another scan using the internet security program you already have might not be good enough. One good solution is to get Jim’s Computer Services to remove the malware for you.
* note, malware is the technical term for all malicious software that you need to be aware of and protect against. Viruses are just one type of malware, although many people use the term virus as a substitute for malware. And many anti-virus programs protect against more than just viruses. So it is very important to make sure that you have a complete solution that covers all the malware that you feel you are at risk to.
To get help from Jim’s Computer Services book a job online or call us on 1300 288 371.